About Artist Judy Haron and The Illumination Letter
My goal is to custom design for those looking for a one-of-a-kind illuminated works that celebrate and commemorate any special occasion.
I will work with clients to create personalized spiritual mandalas, illuminated manuscripts, illuminated letters, wedding vows, birth certificates,
wedding certificates, commemorative certificates, family crests, and family trees.
My fine art illuminated serious on California Endangered Wildlife features endangered, listed, indigenous species of California. I adorn my works
with the natural flora and fauna of the habitats of the featured wildlife. The focus of my Endangered Wildlife Illuminated Serious will
extend in the future to habitats around the world including Ancient Hawaii, Amazon Rain Forest, and Africa.
The materials and inspiration in my work come from Renaissance manuscripts of the 13th to 15th century. All my originals are all done by hand
with authentic archival materials. Material used include egg tempera paints, gold leaf, calligraphy inks, watercolor paper, parchment, and panels
from True Gesso. Calligraphy raised 23k gold letters and decorative details are incorporated with all originals. I embellished decorative elements
within the illuminated letters and use spiritual highlights in illuminated mandalas.
AWARDS AND HONORS 2014
Presenting and honoring a custom gift to Governor Gray Davis of a Great Blue Heron wildlife illumination.
Friends of the Ballona Wetlands gala October 2014 “Midnight on the Marsh .”
Best work by a 1st Year Artist / Sawdust Arts Festival Summer 2014
• Third place Best Booth by a 1st Year Artist /Sawdust Arts Festival
• First Place / work entitled, ”The Brown Pelican.” / City of Laguna Beach Arts Commission Annual Juried Exhibition “Art That’s Small at City Hall.”
Collectors and Clients
Jean and Karen Stern: Executive Director of The Irvine Museum
Governor Gray Davis and Sharon Davis
Friends of The Ballona Wetlands: Nonprofit organization for The Ballona Wetlands
Patricia Gaza Pinto: Transformation, Innovation Through Movement in Irvine
Tyler and Lyndsey Miller
Ben and Sarah Beazley
Susan Hart: Hart Foundation for Women
Mary McPherson: Awoken Life
ART SHOWS AND EXHIBITIONS 2014
• Illuminations Juried Exhibition San Diego Museum Artist Guild November – December 2014
• Suzi Q Gallery with Laguna Art Museum / Laguna Beach / October 6, 2014 to December 9, 2014
• Friends of the Ballona Wetlands Exhibited and created a custom illuminated gift for Governor Gray Davis, October 2014 “Midnight on the Marsh,” gala and fundraiser.
• Sawdust Arts Festival summer exhibitor 2014.
• The Graceful Envelope Contest 2014 / Washington D.C.
• City of Laguna Beach Arts Commission Annual Juried Exhibition “Art That’s Small at City Hall.”
• January 2015 Laguna Beach, Festival of the Arts Physical Jury
Grand Central Academy / Graydon Parish / Master Portrait Summer Course 2010
MFA Program Laguna College of Art and Design 2010
Fashion Institute of Technology • New York City, New York • BFA Illustration / Textile Design 1982-1986
Mentor Program in Illustration • Women’s Wear Daily with Fashion Illustrator Steven Stipelman 1985 -1986
Stevens Collage • Columbia, Missouri • AA Fashion Design 1980 -1982
• KX93.5 FM Laguna Beach’s only FM > 6/12/14 DJ Jason Feddy’s MiddayShow Podcast/Interview with Artist Judy Haron
• Laguna Beach Independent / Arts and Entertainment Section:’Art That’s Small at City Hall / April 11,2014 :Volume XI, Issue 15
• Stu’s News Laguna Beach, / Front Page Section
• Ventura County Star Newspaper / Homes and Life Styles Section. Feature mural for The Camarillo Designer Symphony Parade Showcase of Homes.
• Colorado Homes and Life Styles Magazine, Designed murals.finishes Castillo, player for The Colorado Rockies baseball team.